Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interesting day, but not too much going on. first thing this morning the head nurse of the visiting nursing service came. She had said she would give me a test this morning on taking care of Ev's open wound from surgery. She wantsto cut down to coming only twice a week if possible. Said it might be a month before the wound closes.
Anyway as instructed I proceeded to clean the area & the clean the opening inside & out. Then it needs to be re-bandaged & made secure for the day. Just as I was finishing up under her supervision, the mantenance man came to replace our bathroom faucet & I had to leave the scene for a few minutes. When I came back she said I will give you an A & I said not an A+. She no I can't as you left the job incomplete.
Anyway I will accept that & now am in charge of treating the wound/opening each day. Have to wear rubber gloves and be sterile & careful, but even though I shake some I can handle it.
Off to shopping and bank after that & at the bank Amy gave me a cute CD to look at which I did tonight & I thank her for it.
Tomorrow I head to Auburn for my check up & hope the snow predicted holds off. I take the cell phone so Ev can get me if needed. Hope no more close calls like the one in Auburn last week. Will stop in at Kathy's office to check on her while over there. Also to Med supply to pick up some portable oxygen.
Now to Facebook/Farmville which we both play at times.

No comments: